Friday, January 10, 2014

One Item Marked Off the "List"

I hope everyone is having a fantastic 2014 so far! Mine has been pretty uneventful to this point, but I guess that can be a good thing, right?? With the weather being crazy cold this week, my trips outside have been very limited! I will admit that on the coldest day (when the temperature didn't rise above 19 degrees), I went with my brother to Green Top (a hunting/fishing store in Richmond) to help him search for a new shotgun. We found his and I also found one. Of course, I can't afford to buy one right now and I didn't hunt at all this season, but come next year, I will be ready!! 

I did check something off my huge "To Do" list though and I am pretty excited about it. I have been debating on whether to take a CNA (certified nursing assistant) class for a while now, but I finally bit the bullet and registered for one at a local community school. My schedule at VCU this semester is pretty easy and I only have classes two days a week, leaving time for me to actually take a CNA class. I am not taking it to work as a CNA, but so I can get a couple clinicals under my belt. MCV (the hospital in Richmond where I will attend nursing school) has a care-partner program. Basically, you shadow a nurse around and help them with patients. This is a great way for me to get my foot in the door at MCV and it will help me when it comes to applying for nursing school. I am really excited about this! Yes, my CNA classes are on Fridays and Saturdays, but it is really going to help me in the long run and I feel that this is what's best for me. I start classes at VCU Monday and then I start my CNA class on Friday! Eeek!! I have been praying and praying for the plan God has for me and wants to follow and I hope this is him giving me an answer. 

I apologize for the lack of photos lately, but as I mentioned, I really haven't done too much since Christmas (and I was sick for a week)! I do have a couple pictures from Christmas that I haven't shared! I hope y'all enjoy your Friday! I have a movie/wine night planned with a childhood friend of mine and I can't wait! Bring on the wine and popcorn (healthy popcorn of course... I have still not figured out if popcorn is technically "Paleo-friendly," but I don't put butter or anything on it, so I don't feel bad about eating it and it doesn't make me feel bad).

Christmas Eve: 3 Generations! 

Robbie (we did not mean to match!) 

Love my Mama! 

The Family on Christmas morning! 

Mommy and Me by the "Dr. Seuss" Tree (my nickname for it)! 


XOXO, 
Amber 

PS. How are y'all holding up with your New Year's Resolutions?? I would love to hear about them!! 

2 comments:

  1. Your bow sweater is super cute! And congrats on signing up for the nursing course, I give you super big kudos for giving up your Fridays and Saturdays in order to go to class!

    jess | Quaintrelle

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always helpful, and I love to hear y'alls thoughts as well!